Day 1 April 2017 Singing Bowls Training Rishikesh India
June 2, 2018
Live Training Blog post From April 2017 In Rishikesh
Tibetan Singing Sound Healing Meditation Teacher Training Certification
At – Satyam Shivam Sundaram Meditation Sound Healing School, Ram Jhula Rishikesh
By Harita thakkar
- We have all heard the famous expressions “ A family that eats together, stays together”. This is precisely how we began our first day of the course. All 16 students, along with 1 special visitor and 2 teachers, spent the first meeting together at the big breakfast table. This table was the place where we started acquinting with each other.
- After a nourishing breakfast, we took our seats in our “classroom”, a hall in the hotel of accomodation. The masters used dance therapy as a form of meditation to bring everyone to the same state of mind. Eyes closed and body moving, we were letting go of our invisible masks that concealed our true selves. Thereafter, we introduced ourselves to each other and looked forward to receiving knowledge together.
- The first day involved learning the basics. We were introduced to the Tibetan Singing Bowls, the significance of sound healing, the history and background of the bowls. We started learning and practicing (forming pairs to practice and give feedback to each other from the first day itself) the technique in which a mallet and the bowls are to be used to produce sound and vibration. We followed that by learning the reason and practice for space cleansing and aura cleansing with Tibetan Singing Bowls.
- There was a lunch break and a tea break in the day, utilized to the fullest not only to revitalize ourselves, but also to relish in the surrounding company.
- The day was ended by using “om” chanting to once again maintain a similar state of mind and respect the common space and knowledge shared within.