Primordial Sound Healing Through Mantra MediationWhat does Mantra mean ? Literally the word Mantra is translated from Sanskrit as Mind Instrument (Man – mind, Tra – instrument). It is regarded as a tool to free the mind from the bondage of this world. It is defined variously in English as a prayer, hymn or song of praise, sacred formula, incantation, etc. Mantra can be a sound, a syllable, a word, a group of words or sentences that, creating the resonance in the whole being (body, mind and spirit), have the power to heal the physical body, calm the mind and awaken the spirit. Mantras originated in the Vedic tradition of India at least 3000 years ago, later becoming an essential part of the Hindu tradition and a customary practice within Buddhism, Sikhism and Jainisme. Reciting of Mantra can include verbal repetition in the form of chanting in a normal voice (baikhari), whispering (upanshu), or silent mental incantation (manasik). When Mantra is integrated in the practice of Sound Meditation, concentration and control of the mind come easily. Sound Meditations with Mantras are the shortest way to the experience of higher states of mind and expanded consciousness. Mantra chanting has many profound benefits:
- Reduces Anxiety and Depression
- Releases Neuroses
- Boosts Immunity
- Soothing the Nervous system
- Stimulates intuition and creativity
- Promotes concentration
- Helps to enter the state of Meditation
- managing stress and anxiety
- reliving sleep disorders
- lowering blood pressure
- awakening creativity and intuition
- enhancing self-expression and interpersonal relationship
- Balancing the Chakra system.
- Removing the energy blockages and opening the Chakras.
- Activating a particular Chakra when it is needed.
- Healing diseases associated with blocked Chakra(s) by using corresponding Bija Mantra(s)
- Letting go of past negative emotions blocking the Chakras.
- Deep connection with the Self and the world.
- Increasing the energy level.
- Discovering creative potential.
- Improving interpersonal relationship.